We value your privacy and are dedicated to safeguarding your personal information.
This policy explains how we use your personal information when you visit our website, engage with us, and are welcomed as guests.
Please refer to the information below regarding privacy contact us if you have any issues.
We collect and receive data in different ways. Here is an explanation of how we do it.
When you are a guest at any of our hotels you may give us data in person when you:
- check-in and check-out
- give us your business card
- make use of our accommodation, facilities and services including out-sourced and 3rd party services
- attend our events
- interact with our staff and other guests
You may give us data when you interact with us remotely via this website, by post, phone or email, or through chat or social media when you:
- sign up to receive our newsletter or other direct marketing
- make enquiries or request information, or correspond with us
- book accommodation, hospitality services or spa treatments
- engage with us on social media
- register for Prestige Club
We may get some data automatically when you interact with us, via this website:
- For example, that could be data about your equipment, browsing or the way you use this website and the address of a referring website, if any.
- from technology partners who help us run our mailing list sign-ups
- from providers of payment
- from analytics providers
- from feedback partners
The personal data we may collect from you
Some of the data collected, as explained above, may be personal data. Below shows the type of personal data we collect that depends on how you interact with us.
- Identity Data – includes title, first name, middle name, last name, marital status, date of birth, username or similar identifier and an encrypted version of your login/password. If you interact with us through social media, this may include your social media user name.
- Contact Data – includes mailing address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data – includes payment card and direct debit/bank account details.
- Transaction Data – includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Profile Data – includes your username and encrypted password, your interests / preferences, feedback responses, as well as any data which we have added (for example, using analytics).
- Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data – includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Tracking Data – includes information we collect about you from cookies.
- Marketing and Communications Data – includes your preferences in receiving direct marketing materials from us.
Kindly note, if you choose not to share certain personal data with us, we might not be able to provide the products and services you have asked for.
Information collection in relation to children
We collect a variety of personal data about our guests and visitors to our various properties and to the website. As our website is not intended for children, we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
If you are under 16 and would like to use our website, please ask a parent or guardian for assistance.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To enter into a contract with you. For example, when you check-in at one of our properties, that is a contract.
- To comply with a legal obligation. For example, keeping records for tax return.
- When we have consent from you to receive direct marketing materials from us.
- To request your evaluation of your stay with us.
- To respond to your customer-service enquiries or requests.
Sharing your personal data
We may share personal data with the following third parties:
- Service providers e.g. booking & reservation systems and payment processing providers
- Other hotels in our group
- Auditors and professional advisers like lawyers and accountants
- Government, regulators and law enforcement
We may also share aggregated demographic and statistical information in the course of our business with certain third parties. This sharing does not include any personal information that can identify any individual person.
How we protect the security of your personal data
We want to keep your personal data safe and we have put in place appropriate security measures to ensure its confidentiality, integrity and availability. We also make sure that only authorised people are able to access your data, including employees, agents and other third parties. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be totally secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot completely guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In some circumstances we may remove your identity from your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your Legal Rights
You have rights to your personal data, of which includes:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request to delete your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
You have a right of access to your data by sending a written request to the address at the bottom of this policy.
Links to third party sites
Our site may offer links to other websites. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We reserve the right to change, modify or amend this policy at any time. However, if there are changes made to the policy what is here is the latest one.
Questions and Problems
Muhabura Volcano Inn:firstname.lastname@example.org